- The entire family of vibratory conveyors can be adapted to this purpose including Vibra-Glide conveyors, Ajax shakers, and eccentric-powered conveyors
- Within the vibratory conveyor family double-acting eccentric-powered conveyors offer the greatest length in a single machine, about 70 feet depending on factors
- Within the the belt conveyor family lengths can be even longer by adding splice joints
- On vibratory conveyors flip-gates, slide-gates, and side- or bottom/side-outlets with diverters are the most common means of directing product
- On belt conveyors side-outlets with diverters or pushers are the most common way of directing product
- Diverters and gates can be operated manually or by pneumatic actuator
- When necessary to interrupt flow, such as when changing totes, small surge hoppers with shut-off gates can be added immediately down-stream of distribution outlets
Distributing product to multiple machines or lines can be accomplished by means of vibratory or belt conveyors equipped with appropriate lanes, outlets and control devices. Diverting product to a particular outlet can be accomplished manually by locking a device into position or automatically by energizing a pneumatic actuator.