- Rotary device with flights and lifting paddles to gently agitate product to expose stems to wire mesh screening
- Momentum of fruit as it is lifted by the rotating reel causes stems to be pulled out
- Stems are collected outside of reel
- Fruit is discharged from reel into the next stage of the process
- All stainless steel construction is available including motor and drives
Destemming reels are designed to remove the cap stems from blueberries or grapes. In the case of blueberries this is often done while they are in the frozen state to improve performance and reduce product damage.